Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I WANT TO LOOK LIKE THAT


            We’ve talked a lot about celebrities thus far and how they grace the covers of magazines with perfect skin, white teeth, and eyes that seem to glow like moonlight. It’s almost impossible to not pick up one of these things and exclaim I WANT TO LOOK LIKE THAT! So here's the thing, there are actually peopled hired and trained to make these pictures look perfect. I was in the dance industry all throughout high school and not a single headshot I had wasn’t thoroughly edited. In fact it was such a frequent process I was taught how to do it myself.
            So yes the celebrities are gorgeous, but to be honest, plenty other types of successful women, say politicians, could grace magazines with the exact same flawless appearance (its just that this isn’t the image they are paid to portray).
            Here’s an example. I found a picture of Hilary Clinton (former secretary of state) that was recently taken (keep in mind she’s in her 60s). So what did I do to the picture? Simple: airbrushed the skin, spot corrected the wrinkles on her eyes, smile line, neck, cheeks, and mouth, deepened her blue eyes, shined the pupils, sanded the teeth, whitened the smile, and finally lightened her hair so the grey blends more into the blonde. Before you know it your mom is saying OMG AT 66 I WANT TO LOOK LIKE THAT!
            So here's the conclusion, yes celebrities appear like angels on magazine, but if editors paid the same attention to working women they could look the same way. Case and point: you have to believe me when I say NO ONE actually looks that flawless. So appreciate the artwork on front cover of teeth vogue and 17 magazine, but remember, what you are seeing is artwork (not reality).
Via Google Images
Via Google Images and an Ice Ninja

Desmond ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment