Sunday, January 26, 2014

My Netflix Recommendation!

It's winter and I don't know about you all, but I'm certainly tempted to be a couch potato and watch Netflix on a few too many days. Thought I'd share some shows you might be interested in to help you endure those snow days I'm sure some of you will get to enjoy (tip: enjoy those while they last because snow days don't happen that often in college). Today's pick is MAKE IT OR BREAK IT!!
via google images
Unfortunately the show is no longer on Netflix Instant Stream, but it is available on Netflix DVD (and hopefully, maybe, it'll come back to stream some day?) Just a little primer on what to expect: this show is on the lives of four teen gymnasts who aspire to make it to the Olympic Games. Throughout the show they struggle with life goals, training, friendship and sometimes boy problems.

via google images
Make It or Break It has three seasons filmed, though I've only watched the first (ashamed to admit here that I rarely finish whole seasons of anything). My favorite character so far is Emily Kmetko, who *spoilers* unfortunately dropped out for season 3. Emily was the outsider. While the other three gymnasts had trained together since childhood, Emily joined as an unwelcome addition - less trained, less elite, with a mother who frequently had no idea what she was doing. Emily is the perpetual underdog - she is not perfect, but she makes the best of herself (again only speaking on season 1 here) and that's what makes her character appealing to me. Check the show out and let me know who your favorite character is!!

~Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment